Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mixed Bag...

This week was a mixed bag for me. It is really hard for me to wrap my brain around everything. A list is about all I can do for now.

+beautiful flowers
-terrible allergies...

-sweaters, clouds, wind to bring in the week
+sun, sunscreen, flip-flops to close the week

+Tractor Bob (our wonderful neighbor) tilled a huge garden for me
-rocks, rocks, and more rocks are taunting me from where seeds should be

+An $8,000 grant was awarded to a team of teachers at our school to purchase Promethean Boards for next year. Yeah!
-I realized I was $100 short of grant money to pay for the District Art Show that I will be setting up tomorrow. Oops.

-Saturday morning we got the news that Walt Johnson had passed away. No matter how prepared you think you are...grief takes hold and won't let go.
+Prayers were answered to end the 2 year courageous battle. Our faith helps comfort us in knowing that this faithful man is rejoicing with Our Savior.

+My dad had to check on cattle that he has at a feedlot in Boardman, so we got a wonderful two-day visit. He even went and spoke at both first grades at Washington about raising cattle. Reagan proudly introduced her Grandpa as Uncle Jason. (You didn't know I came from one of 'those' family trees did you?)
-My mom didn't make the trip because she is in Portland watching my niece and nephew while my sister is in Boston to run the marathon tomorrow. Run hard Jilly! I am proud of you.

+About 6 hours after my dad left, Marc's parents rolled in from Eastern Montana. Marc, his dad, and Tractor Bob dug post holes for our fence. Vera (mostly) and I whipped out another 'Recess' quilt. Many hands make for light work!
-24 short hours later they loaded up to head to Yakima to see Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa. The trip was too short, but we made the most of every minute.

The week ahead looks like another busy-mixed-bag sort of week. The weather is all over the charts, my allergies will be too. I will delight in hanging all the incredible art for the 5th Annual Pendleton School District Art Show on Monday and then tear down on Thursday in time to help set up for the memorial service for our dear friend.

May comfort and peace shake the grip that grief holds on us...
May friends and family know how to reach out and ease those hurting...
May the words come to help me explain to my girls that death is a time to rejoice and not fear, even though we feel such sadness and loss.
May we all cherish in love and life the gifts we have been given.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying you make it through your week! :)

I like this post ... a lot. Puts the highs and lows of our day in perspective ~

Love to you friend ~

Nelson's Nest said...

I love you!!! and you remember to feel however it is you need to feel.

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Anne,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Stacy B said...

One day left and I know it's going to be a doozie for everyone. I'll be thinking about everyone tomorrow, please let me know if you need anything.