We celebrated Marc's first, of what could be many, 39th birthday tonight. He actually said he stopped having birthdays at 22, but I don't think anyone was buying that.
Marc was followed by his harem of ladies to help him celebrate tonight. At our favorite Mexican Restaurant in town, La Fiesta on Main Street, all 7 of his guests were ladies~Kylee (2), Kyndra (5), Reagan (6), Grace (8), Taryn (11), Athena & Anne. (You didn't really think I was going to put all the ages down did you?) Marc was indeed, the guest of honor, the token male, the King of the Castle, The Man!
Joe, the owner, greeted us with his usual smile. We immediately let him know we were there to celebrate Marc's birthday. He let us know, at his restaurant, you are given a choice of a shot of tequila or a lap dance by the dishwasher for your birthday. He said the shot may be bad, but we hadn't seen the dishwasher yet. Athena and I got a good giggle out of that one. Marc enjoyed a melon margarita instead.
To balance out the dinner, Marc gets to go on a ride-along with Tony. There's nothing that gets the testosterone flowing like a good 'ole up-close-and-personal night of Cops! Marc loves to watch Tony in action. I imagine every little boy at sometime dreams of going after the bad guys. There is no guarantee of a high speed chase or interesting arrest, but a warm summer Friday night definitely holds promise. **UPDATE** Very exciting night...he was out until 4:30 am, good thing I knew he was safe. He got to see lots of action...drug dog, multi-agency pursuit of a bad guy in the act of a break in...etc.
In keeping with birthday posts I will share 39 Marc facts...it is so tempting to throw in some fiction too, but I gotta live with this guy.
- Allergic to beans-the legume varieties
- Allergic to dust & wheat-great hometown we chose right?
- Relies on weekly allergy shots to survive in E. Oregon
- Three sport letterman in HS-football, basketball, baseball
- Acted in a school play
- Took piano lessons (he swears it helped his hands in football)
- Worked as the girls dormitory supervisor in college (coyote-in-the-hen-house?)
- Worked at a golf course in college and took up the sport
- Very handy with power tools! (I'm talking remodeling here folks!)
- Has bungee jumped!
- Had a perm & salon tan in HS
- Shares his birthday with his best friend from college, Vince
- Loves Banana Cream Pie & Amaretto Cheesecake
- Is the 'Strong-Silent' type..ie...doesn't shed tears in sad movies
- Does the laundry better than his wife
- Has a magic touch with the BBQ
- Will always buy twice as much (of anything) than is needed
- Doesn't hunt and peck when typing anymore
- Loves to try new versions of cereals, candy bars, ice creams
- Throws up louder than ANYONE I have ever heard
- Is the oldest child of four
- Nickname in HS:Soko
- Nickname post-college:Sparky
- Doesn't like when I use my teacher tone on him
- Sits very still for make-overs & manicures that the girls give him
- Has 'rode the range' when working calves, but prefers a 4-wheeler
- Hates gristle in a piece of meat. The meal is instantly over if he bites into it.
- Eats & enjoys smoked oysters ~yech~
- Boxers not briefs, not ever
- His eyes close, almost always, when he smiles
- Has seen three professional baseball games that were No-Hitters
- Hospitalized when his wisdom tooth fell down larynx during extraction
- Falls asleep & snores instantly when his head hits the pillow-nearly always
- Shot and killed a cougar without using dogs in John Day mountains
- Graduated from the University of Montana - Go Griz!
- Loves to coach football
- Is very patient when hunting & fishing...not so patient when I am shopping
- Hero of three girls that love him dearly
- Loved by his wife in good times and in bad, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, young and OLD, forever!