Thursday, May 13, 2010

Click, Clack, Moo....

For Christmas my parents bought us tickets to the Children's Theater in Portland, Oregon. So in February, over a long weekend, we went and saw Click, Clack, Moo, a story of barnyard antics while the farmer is away on vacation. It was a musical and delighted all the girls. (I'm pretty sure Marc fell asleep somewhere in the middle, but he said he thought it was 'nice'.)

In the theater there was a huge chair and all the girls wanted their pictures taken in the big seat.

Taryn 12.5

Grace 9.5


Reagan 8.0

The actors all came out to the lobby to sign autographs after the show, but there were too many eager fans pushing and shoving their way to the front I needed to step aside before I started talking about how rude it is to cut in front of people. The lecture is always very fresh in my mind, as I present it about 4 times a week to my first graders. I'm guessing that the pushy adults would not have appreciated the 'lesson'.

We settled for a picture with the cardboard cow. Each of the girls had favorite farm animals. It was funny because if I was casting my girls for parts, each would have ended up playing their favorite animal. Something about the characters 'spoke' to my girls and 'fit' their unique personalities.

Taryn liked the cow who was a bit of a goody-two-shoes. The cow was cautious, but still ended up getting into trouble with the rest of the animals. Grace liked the duck who was all about having a good time and was usually the instigator in all the troubles. Reagan loved the prissy chicken. She danced and giggled and stole the spotlight more than once.



Being bitten by the theater bug we already have our tickets for our next show. - We've stepped it up a notch from the $15 Children's Theater matinee tickets however. Next up?


This will be a night to remember I am sure. I can't wait. We bit the bullet and bought orchestra seats. Spendy, but I know it is going to be worth it.

No comments: